Fall Clean Ups Are Important, And We Can Help!
Fall truly is one of the loveliest times of year – the leaves are vibrant with color, the weather is changing from sweltering to crisp, and we are settling into a season of comfort. Many people are tempted to put lawn care and landscape bed maintenance on hold until spring rolls around, but there are many benefits to staying on top of these clean ups during the fall. Topeka Landscape can help you keep up with these tasks so your lawn and landscape beds will be ready to thrive when spring rolls around. Our fall clean up services are available until the first snow fall, so reach out to us today to get started!
What do fall clean ups include?
There are two fall clean up options that we offer depending on your needs:
- Leaf removal for lawns and landscape beds. There is no need to dread raking and bagging leaves this fall. Let Topeka Landscape bag and haul away debris from your lawn and landscape beds for you.
- Pruning and cleaning of your landscape beds. We’ll clear away all of those fallen leaves and prune and shape any plants that don’t set buds in the fall. Leaving ornamental grass standing is recommended – it’s good to have some beauty and aesthetic appeal in your landscape for the winter months. These can then be trimmed back in the spring. If you prefer a tidier look going into winter and want to cut back ornamental grasses now, just let us know and we’d be happy to take care of it!
What are the benefits?
There are several reasons why fall cleans up are beneficial:
- Keep your yard looking nice. The landscaping around your home is important to you, and you want your investment to look nice year round. Doing the upkeep in the fall will help make sure your lawn doesn’t have dead patches and that your beds are ready to flourish when spring returns.
- Lessen your workload next spring. Sure, snow will cover up leaves and debris, but it won’t remove them for you. All of that debris will still be there waiting for you next spring and if it has been sitting on your lawn all winter, dead spots can be expected.
- Eliminate the potential for harboring unwanted plant diseases. Fallen leaves and yard debris breed different bacteria and mold that are hard on plants. In addition, this debris can also contain and protect fungus spores and bacteria that can be harmful and potentially fatal to plants. Keeping your landscape and lawn clean will help maintain the quality of your yard for next year.
- Reduce the potential for harboring wintering insects and pests. Many kinds of invasive insects spend their winter underground and in the shelter of fallen leaves and debris that have collected at the base of plants. These piles of leaves and debris create a nice, warm place for them to hide, so doing fall clean ups helps slim down the chance of keeping unwanted pests around for next year.
How do you get started?
Getting started with fall clean ups is easy – just call us at 785-232-8873 to talk more about what you’re looking for specifically. We’ll do all the work while you enjoy prepping for the holidays with family!