Fall Lawn Care Tips
Fall is coming! Most people think the cooler temperatures mean you can finally stop taking meticulous care of your lawn, but autumn is actually important to set your landscape up for a green year come spring. If you do a little landscaping maintenance in your Topeka, KS lawn now, you will reap beautiful rewards later! Here at Topeka Landscape, we want you to have great success with your yard, so we gathered up our seven best tips for fall lawn care.
For assistance with your fall landscaping maintenance in Topeka, KS or the surrounding areas, contact our team at Topeka Landscape today!
- Rake the Leaves: Allowing your leaves to pile up blocks out nutritious light and traps moisture in your grass. Let your grass get the light and air it needs to stay healthy by raking regularly.
- Aerate the Soil: Aeration enables water, oxygen, and fertilization to reach the grass’s roots, which in turn produces deeper roots and healthier soil.
- Keep Mowing: Cutting the grass brings extra sunlight to the crown of the grass. Shorter grass means less surface area that can turn brown during the winter.
- Add Fertilizer: Applying fertilizer in early fall (August-October) boosts turf quality and growth. It will help establish a thicker lawn thanks to the prime growing conditions.
- Sow Seeds: Fall is the ideal time to plant trees and shrubs due to the warm soil temperatures, ideal air temperature, and decreased rainfall. These conditions help the young trees to adapt quickly to create a thriving root system that will, in turn, help them flourish come springtime.
- Continue Watering: While it is true that your lawn experiences less evaporation in the cooler fall temperatures, it is still important to keep moisture in the ground to keep grass roots hydrated, especially if your lawn is just getting established. Topeka Landscape offers seasonal adjustments to irrigation systems, so if you need a hand dialing things in, just give us a shout. We also offer irrigation design, installation, repair, and maintenance! Learn more here.
- Take a Break: You can take the time to do some fall lawn maintenance in your yard, but if you’re tired of doing it or have a wet fall, it might be better to give Topeka Landscape a call and you won’t have to worry about it. You can enjoy the time with your family and friends instead!
- If you are unsure how to tackle fall lawn care, or simply don’t have time to take care of it yourself, contact us now for your seasonal lawn and landscaping maintenance in Topeka, KS!
Schedule Your Fall Lawn Care Maintenance Today
Topeka Landscape has been providing landscaping services in Topeka, KS and the surrounding areas for over twenty years. We can help you maintain your landscape this fall season, so you can start next year with a beautiful and easy-to-care-for property come next spring.