Best Practices for Mowing & Keeping Up with Your Yard
A well-kept, consistently maintained landscape is one of the real joys of being a homeowner. Your lawn is as much a part of your home and a reflection of your personality as the walls and windows of the house itself, and to keep the grass and landscaping of your place in great condition, there are some practices you can put into place.
Consider this blog your practical how-to guide and overall best practices you should keep in mind when it comes to your yard.
The Critical Factors of Lawn and Landscape Care
Beyond any specific job or task, there are some things that should always be kept in mind with lawn care:
- More important than absolutely anything is that lawn care needs to be done; routine and consistency are the keys to keeping a lush and gorgeous landscape. We understand that not everyone is as enamored with caring for landscapes as we are, and that’s why our team offers a wide variety of lawn care services for you!
- Adjusting according to climate. Rain and sun exposure are going to have a considerable impact on your routine. During rainy times like what we’ve been seeing lately, weekly (or sometimes even bi-weekly) mowing becomes a necessity, whereas during dryer times it may become more like once every two weeks.
- Ensuring lawn health and irrigation. Your goal is to gain and keep a healthy, gorgeous landscape. To achieve this, you need to be certain that your grass and plants are getting 1) enough water and 2) proper nutrition. Keeping these in good balance means healthy, consistent grown, and keeps rampant weeds to a minimum.
Ideal Routines and Practices for a Great Landscape
What needs to get done to achieve an idyllic landscape? Start with these and you’ll be well on your way:
- Routinely mowing. Make certain that you’re mowing as-needed—avoiding mowing too often or too infrequently. If you’re unsure of the best ways to mow your yard in particular, you can reference our mowing guide from a previous post.
- Inspecting on a weekly basis. Going hand-in-hand with the consistency we mentioned before, taking the time to give things a good look-over weekly will go a long way. This gives you the opportunity to identify trouble spots in your lawn—weed growth, patchy lawn, and ailing plants in particular.
- Keep things tidy and debris-free. Avoid leaving dead branches or yard debris lying around. Not only can this impact the health of other plants, it can stifle and choke your grass, creating unsightly and unhealthy dead or bare patches.
Trust Topeka Landscape to Provide the Best Care
Lawn care is something our experts truly love and enjoy, but we understand that it’s not for everyone! If you have trouble maintaining your landscape, or are looking for professional help in mowing, fertilization, or even irrigation, our team is more than happy to help. Contact us online to speak with a lawn care expert in the Topeka, KS area!