As Dwight D. Eisenhower once wisely noted, “Plans are nothing; planning is everything”. This rings true in many aspects of life, one of which is preparing the ideal landscaping solution for your home. Contrary to what some might think, winter is the perfect time to get a jump start on next year’s landscaping projects and we want to reward you for being proactive! Mention this blog post to your sales rep and receive 10% off your completed landscape project.*
Our landscape design process takes one to two weeks and can undergo many evolutions as we craft the perfect solution that suites your unique style and budget. Starting the design process now allows us to make sure that when spring rolls around you’re planning your next get-together, not your next home improvement project. That means more time enjoying your outdoor living space, more time spent with friends and family on the patio, more time grilling in your outdoor kitchen, and more time relaxing by your outdoor fire pit on chilly spring evenings.
A few ideas to get you started:
When people think of the term landscaping, many think of the living elements involved: plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees. But what about those elements of beauty that are not living, breathing things? That’s where hardscaping comes in – the design and placement of non-plant matter like patios, walkways, outdoor lighting, and retaining walls. Using these hardscaping elements can help to introduce additional color and texture into your landscape, further enhancing the curb appeal and value of your outdoor living space. Below are a few ideas of projects we can start designing now that you will be able to enjoy next year when the weather warms up and you’re ready to get back to your life outdoors:
- Fire Pits: Kick back, relax, and make a s’more or two! Adding a fire pit to your home transforms your outdoor living space by adding warmth and comfort. Click on the photo below to see more examples of fire pits we’ve done!
- Outdoor Kitchens: Food is at the heart of every get together with friends and family. With your own custom outdoor kitchen you can take grilling, cooking, and food prep to the next level. Click on the photo below to see more examples of outdoor kitchens!
- Water Features: The sound of running water has long been considered relaxing. With a custom water feature in your landscape you can bring the sounds of nature right to your doorstep. Click on the photo below to see more examples of water features we’ve built!
- Irrigation Systems: Maintaining a beautiful landscape requires proper watering. Installing an efficiently designed irrigation system helps keep your lawn and landscape looking green and luscious without requiring you to do the leg work. Click on the photo below to see more photos of lawn care maintenance we can do for you!
- Retaining Walls: Adding a retaining wall to your landscape not only adds texture, beauty and value to your home, it also serves a very important function. These walls are built to hold back earth, improve drainage, and accommodate changes in grade which in turn creates a more usable space in your outdoor living spaces. Click on the photo below to see more retaining wall examples!
*Offer valid for residential landscape, hardscape, and irrigation design contracts signed between January 1, 2016 and March 15, 2016.