As Kansas winters give way to the longer, warmer days of spring, we can’t help but notice the natural revival of the landscape around us. The smell of frost is replaced by that of dew, we see buds on trees, and we hear the cheerful sounds of birds chirping. Revival is an important part of what we do here at Topeka Landscape. Our creativity is driven by the restoration of life. We want to take what you have, or what you want, and make it strong, lively, and vibrant.
So, as the chances of surprise winter weather fade away, look around your yard. Could your landscape use a bit of reviving? Check out a few of our ideas on how to liven up the scenery at your place!
Bring on the Color
Incorporating plants that bring seasonal color to your landscape is a sure-fire way to add curb appeal and vibrancy to your home. Putting the right plants in the right places can provide both aesthetics and functional value to your home. Here are a few of our favorite shrubs:
- Forsythia – With elegant, unruly branches and vibrant yellow blossoms, forsythia is an early-spring bloomer that shatters the grays of winter. These low maintenance shrubs are great for privacy screening and are also deer resistant!
- Hydrangeas – With huge bouquets of clustered flowers that come in a variety of different colors, hydrangeas add dramatic flair to your landscape. These shrubs can offer beauty throughout the year with colorful fall foliage, summer and fall blooms, and winter interest.
- Weigela – With bell-shaped flowers that cover arching stems, weigela is one of our favorite late-spring/early-summer bloomers. This low maintenance shrub is great for privacy screening and has the added bonus of helping with erosion control.
Create Outdoor Living Spaces
Gone are the days when living spaces were confined to the inside of your home. Creating space to entertain, relax, and play outdoors allows you and your family to enjoy your property in a whole new way.
- Patios – Whether you like the look of natural stone or prefer brick, pavers, or stamped concrete, a well-designed patio creates functional space in your yard. Want to entertain friends and family this spring? Invite them over to hang on your patio with you! Learn more about choosing the right materials for your patio here. Want to see some examples of patios we’ve built? Check out our work!
- Outdoor Kitchens – Grab your chef hat and favorite apron and meet us outside! When it comes to outdoor kitchen design, there is no limit to what you can do. Equip your kitchen with whatever tools you love to cook with: a grill, oven and range, smoker, rotisserie – if you can imagine it, we can create it! Check out our gallery of work.
- Fire Features – The epitome of coziness, a fire pit or outdoor fireplace makes for an excellent source of entertainment and warmth in the evening. With wood burning and gas options available, we can tailor the design to fit your style. Check out our gallery of work. We’ll get started on the build while you grab the s’mores supplies!
Let Topeka Landscape Help Revive Your Landscape
Spring is a great time to get started on your landscape revival and our team will help make your vision a reality. Whether you’re looking to renovate your existing landscape or start from scratch on new projects, we’ve got you covered! Give us a shout today and let’s bring your outdoor imagination to life.