5 Landscaping Ideas for Kansas Homes to Try in 2017
Winter is the perfect time to get a jump start on ideas for the landscaping projects you’ve been wishing for, so this New Year’s, make a resolution to finally get them done! Our landscape design process takes one to two weeks and can undergo many evolutions as we craft the perfect solution that suites your unique style and budget.
If you already have a few landscaping ideas, starting the design process now allows us to make sure that when spring rolls around you’re planning your next get-together, not your next home improvement project. That means more time enjoying your outdoor living space, more time spent with friends and family on the patio, more time grilling in your outdoor kitchen, and more time relaxing by your outdoor fire pit on chilly spring evenings.
Here Are a Few Landscaping Ideas to Get You Started:
When we talk about landscaping ideas, we’re talking about much more than plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees. Landscaping includes the design and placement of non-plant matter like patios, walkways, outdoor lighting, and retaining walls. Using these different non-living elements helps introduce additional color and texture into your landscape, while enhancing the curb appeal and value of your outdoor living space.
Here are a few ideas of projects we can start designing now that you will be able to enjoy when the weather warms up and you’re ready to get back to your life outdoors:
- Fire Features: Kick back, relax, and make a s’more or two! Adding a fire pit to your home transforms your outdoor living space by adding warmth and comfort. Click on the photo below to see more examples of fire pits we’ve done!
- Outdoor Kitchens: Food is at the heart of every get together with friends and family. With your own custom outdoor kitchen, you can take grilling, cooking, and food prep to the next level. Click on the photo below to see more examples of outdoor kitchens!
- Water Features: Want to upgrade your landscape ideas? The sound of running water has long been considered relaxing. With a custom water feature in your landscape you can bring the sounds of nature right to your doorstep. Click on the photo below to see more examples of water features we’ve built!
- Irrigation Systems: This is a landscaping idea that’s more of a must than an idea. Maintaining a beautiful landscape requires proper watering. Installing an efficiently designed irrigation system helps keep your lawn and landscape looking green and luscious without requiring you to do the leg work. Click on the photo below to see more photos of lawn care maintenance we can do for you!
- Retaining Walls: Adding a retaining wall to your landscape not only adds texture, beauty and value to your home, it also serves a very important function. These walls are built to hold back earth, improve drainage, and accommodate changes in grade which in turn creates a more usable space in your outdoor living spaces. Click on the photo below to see more retaining wall examples!
These are just a few landscaping ideas of ways to enhance the value and comforts of your home. Looking for more ideas? Check out our landscaping idea books on Houzz and Pinterest or view the gallery of work on our website! Are you ready to start planning your project? Don’t wait – contact us today!